Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a set this weekend - does anyone know who might be doing this? I'm possibly interested in a set for my own car. I did'nt have a chance to ask the guy who did his.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
TenSecondSnake said:
I saw a set this weekend - does anyone know who might be doing this? I'm possibly interested in a set for my own car. I did'nt have a chance to ask the guy who did his.
If you talk to the guy at www.pfracing.com , he said basically he can make anything out of carbon fiber if you give him the mold (ie one of your valve covers).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
Re: Re: Carbon Fiber Valve Covers

SLVR01COBRA said:
If you talk to the guy at www.pfracing.com , he said basically he can make anything out of carbon fiber if you give him the mold (ie one of your valve covers).
Yeah, but Tim is high high high. Talk to stang99svt (project nighthawlk). He has access to some folks that have these developed already for our engines in other trim...might work for us though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,123 Posts
I thought PHP had them for sale -not sure though but he will probably want a left n*t for a set :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
SLVR01COBRA, actually a mold would be completely different then just providing a valve cover. Normally we would take the part IE the valve cover, then make a mold out of that using a various types of material and then being able to reproduce valve covers from there. The molds are the most expensive part of making a Carbon fiber product and a majority of the retail cost is reflected from the R and D and not necessarily the cost of the CF itself.
But ya I have a set for one of our vehicle for autorama, haven't taken pics yet but serfice to say retail cost is looking like 1400.00 a set.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
These guys are also making them. They have real carbon fiber and colors witht he kelvar blend.

They already have them for the 4.6 2v and say they will have them for the 32v eventually.

$550 for CF and $590 for colors...not bad....I'm buying a set when they come out.

Click Me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
stang99svt said:
SLVR01COBRA, actually a mold would be completely different then just providing a valve cover. Normally we would take the part IE the valve cover, then make a mold out of that using a various types of material and then being able to reproduce valve covers from there. The molds are the most expensive part of making a Carbon fiber product and a majority of the retail cost is reflected from the R and D and not necessarily the cost of the CF itself.
But ya I have a set for one of our vehicle for autorama, haven't taken pics yet but serfice to say retail cost is looking like 1400.00 a set.

They're worth it!!:evil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,152 Posts
I sent ML Motorsports an email asking when the 32V would be ready. He sent one back and said that they are ready for ship now.


Funny thing is, they are only $429 w/a $110 core charge. I have asked for pictures and options on colors.

If this pans out, I am going to get a group purchase going.

EJ

!EDIT:! He just emailed me back and said he couldn't do the Cobra ones...he must have misunderstood my first 3 emails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,710 Posts
Haven't seen a ML product myself but they look pretty good.
We did a cobra cover, I don't see why they couldn't. Anyway ya I'm hoping we can get pricing down before the race season.
1400 and 429 are a big stretch between each other.

Also if they were 100% CF I don't see why you would need a core charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
stang99svt said:

Also if they were 100% CF I don't see why you would need a core charge.
Exactly!:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,313 Posts
One of the Big name Aftermarket company's is starting to make them but I can't remember who it was to save my life!!! :mad: I saw a small picture of them from the SEMA show in a magizine a few month's ago and I've been looking thru magizines for the last TWO hours and still can't find it !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: Sorry guys, I'll keep looking. :mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Pro- M sell it for 1200
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
how much power do these carbon fiber valve covers add? am i in the import forum? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
a10hogplt said:
how much power do these carbon fiber valve covers add? am i in the import forum? :)
I dont know if you noticed, but some of us like to make our mustangs look original!!:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
218 Posts
nothing is wrong with that.....just giving you guys a hard time....:)
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top