Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that has an older stang with a carbed 302 and he is considering adding nitrous to his setup. He has decent heads, a high lift cam, a dual line holley 750, and flattop pistons. I'm trying to help him figure out the best kit to use. I only know about efi kits. What would be a good kit to use and what HP rating could he get away with? Thanks..

·
Registered
556 Posts
I ran a 125 shot on my 68 stang and never had a problem. I guess it depends on how well the motor is built as to how much it can handle. I would start with a 100 shot and work your way up from there. Why does he have a 750 on a 302? I would think its a little big.
Good Luck

·
Registered
617 Posts
yeah that carb is too big, but yes it depends on the parts used in the motor. need to know if the pistons are forged not cast, are the head bolts the stock ones, you can run 200 shot if you have it all set up right, i ran 150 for 5 years in a basically stock 302 and i wasnt conservative with the juice, a good system to get is the nos cheater its adj from 150 to 250. if youre looking for a basic system to learn on the super powershot would be best, adj from 50 - 150 hp. there is also a system called the topshot which is small and is adj from 75-150 and provides a softer hit on the suspension due to the design but requires some tuning knowledge.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I would run Edelbrock's base setup. It is a wonderful kit.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah that does seem a little big on the carb now that I think about it, its prob smaller and he told me the wrong model. I think I will tell him to go with a powershot. Thanks alot guys...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok now i need to find out what kind of fuel pump to tell him to get lol. Im sure his isnt a high output fp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts