Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a t-5 to c4 conversion on my 82 gt, and it runs awesome except that the carb doesn't kick down when I stomp it in drive. Can I get a kickdown lever for my carb(holley 4160)? Are they easy too hookup? What exactly do I need? TIA

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ford "Kick" down ........

I don't think your factory carb will have the lever on the throttle shaft of the carb.If its a after market Holley,you can buy the lever to add it....I haven't "Added one , so I'm not sure if its the whole
throttle body , or if its the arm only.:confused:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is an aftermarket carb, It has an extra lever on the carb next to the throttle linkage, which I assumed is the kickdown lever. But it is not hooked to anything.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ttt

·
Registered
188 Posts
The lever that hooks to the trans off the carb should be "Free" moving....It'll have a small shaft sticking out , w/ grove machined
in it to put a e clip to hold kick down lever on the pin....If you hold the lever foward,opening the throttle,it should be "Pushed" back as the throttle is opened....and return to the front with lite pressure when you let the throttle close.On the trans there should be a lever sticking out where you would hook the kick down shaft...As far as findind the right kick down shaft ,good luck....I think that they used a cable toward the "End" off the c-4 production,maybe you could make the cable set up work ???
Its been a long time seens I saw one up close,l don't remember any thing else,sorry !:eek:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so far. Hopefully someone will know exactly what I need to do, so TTT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts