Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 94 GT with a 347 stroker runs horrible in colder weather, pinging etc. During the day it pulls hard with no pinging, but at night it doesn't want to rev and pings at more than half throttle. I have a custom dyno burnt chip , and it was between 12.5 and 13 to 1 a/f all the way accross the board (with the chip, running rich up top before the chip), so I don't know what is going on. Alao, sometimes it takes a while for the motor to fire up. Sometimes it starts on the first turn, other times it takes longer, so I don't know whats up with this thing. Help please

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Maybe its scared of the dark...

HAHAH J/K lol, What thermastat you using?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stock thermastat 195(???)

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've seen moisture in the distributor cap area cause this - the cooler air at night condenses the moisture and causes misfires.

Try pulling the cap & rotor off, taking a hairdryer to the base of the distributor, dry it out real good and then replace with a new cap & rotor - making sure to dry the ends of the plug wires as you put them on.

Also look at the plug wires at night in a dark area and see if there is any arcing or a 'glow' around them from voltage leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts