Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last year or so I've had my EGR vacume hose pluged to stop my check engine light from flashing. Now my car has begun running terrible. It sputters at low rpm.

When I disconect the battery cable for a while and re-attach it, the car runs like a lexus. So, obviously it's sensor or somthing. I pulled the following codes:

KOEO Codes:

CODE: 31 (KOEO) - EVP circuit below minimum voltage

KOER Codes:

CODE: 21 (KOEO) - ECT out of Self-Test range
CODE: 41 (KOER) - Right HEGO Lean
CODE: 91 (KOER) - Left HEGO Lean

These code seem to point to somthing making my engine run lean which seems like it could account for my sputtering. Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Codes

The EVP code is related to the EGR solenoid. That is the electrical portion of the sensor. The ECT code is related to the Coolant Temp sensor. I would replace the coolant temp sensor and the Egr Solenoid. I think the O2 codes are related to the other codes. Replace the two parts and clear the codes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got rid of those last 3 codes by cleaning the hell out of the egr valve. However I now get the following code:

CODE: 46 (KOER) - No Thermactor Air Bypass

My car was running much better again after I had reset my computer, but yet again it is missing/sputtering. Anybody have any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts