Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm may be doing a possible trade with a guy who has a blown 90 GT. The GT does not have a 90 5.0 but a 95 5.0 (reason why I posted here and not the Fox forum).

From what the guy has told me, he bought the car and let it sit for 6-months because of him losing his license. Now when he goes to start it, he can only drive on an average of 20-minutes without over heating. My first assumption was the thermostat was used to being closed and now when the car is not on, it will not open--thus overheating. I questioned him about the thermostat and he said that the mecanic told him the thermostat was good and it was something else but he didn't know.

I have not traded cars yet and if the overheating problem is something small that can replaced fairly cheap, I will probably go ahead and trade since it does have a Vortech S-trim.

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be or has this happened to anyone before?

·
Registered
424 Posts
I would be worried....

Overheating...lets see....thermostat....fan problems..water pump....heater...core...now it is getting worse....headgasket...hole in piston...cracked block...get the picture?

Before you trade...get that car checked out by a reputable mechanic!

Good luck...

Phil

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definetly going to have the car checked out and not going to just pick it up. I just posted here to get an idea of what could possibly be wrong.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts