Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can i do for now til winter when i can get something done to the heads or pistons to lower it to about 11.1 or lower. Would like to see closer to 10.5. But right now when it gets above the middle line on the stock gauge it starts to ping when i jump on it. Would that mean the fuel isnt enough or does it mean the compression is too high? Its 11.5. If it was too high wouldnt it do it all the time? Not just when hot? It has alum heads. Wondering if the EGR reinstalled would help? Thanks

SVT

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yes the comp is to high in my opinion for the street. A couple of quick fixes would be better fuel, less timing, or cooler temps.

·
Registered
286 Posts
You need to get the temp down. I had the same compression on my 306. You need exactly what 466coupe posted.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive been running 93/94 which obviously isnt enough. The car pulls great until it gets hot then you cant get on it. I want to try some of that 40 below to see if it lowers my temp. I had the base timing down to 8 already and it still pinged. But since its been tuned it might be better. Will changing the timing after a custom chip do any harm to anything?? Also will a machine shop have to do something to my heads or my pistons to lower the compression??

SVT

·
Registered
194 Posts
Try some water wetter, I have had good luck using that. I have seen temps drop as much a 20 degrees.I am not real familiar with stock guages but half way up seems a bit high compared to some friends cars. I would look at the reason the car is getting that warm to start with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts