Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had the car running after the build. Still getting things down. I wanted to see if the car was building any boost so had my buddy sit in car and I hit the throttle a little on motor and then I went to start it up again to make sure everything was good with the belts and everything and it would start I have a video before when I started it and after when I tried again

1st video running fine

2nd video won’t start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Upgrading to a stock distributor should be your first objective.

Have you verified spark?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a MSD billet I haven’t installed yet I was trying to get the timing on the original first make sure that if that works then the MSD would work. Just making sure parts all work correctly. I’m gonna swap the distributor tomm. I bet it something so stupid

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh the pic I had the MSD in and when I have the car running I swapped out and put the original back on to get it set

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
you have no fuel pressure

you can tell it tried on the first crank

you can verify, by adding comb chamber cleaner to the intake after the maf

you can keep it running with comb chamber cleaner, if you are talented

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Someone told me to try that inertia switch in the trunk I will tomm

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
yea ignore what i said.....you gots it covered...

I would be ignoring that "someone" that told you that

inertia switch trips while on stands........did you push the car off the stands after the first start......?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Like Indy said, it tried to fire on first crank, squirts some starter fluid in while cranking and see if it fires.
If not then probably not fuel related, move on to spark.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I went to the car. Had my son hold clutch down and I hit the throttle on engine a little and it started right up. Tried it again without doing that wouldn’t fire up ..... so at least I know something with that. Ya guys think it’s the fuel pump not being strong enough?

·
Registered
23,201 Posts
the throttle is an air pedal

allows air into the engine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The ****in return line on the fmu slipped off and the return line by the fender. So fixed it up smaller snugger line way better clamps and now it’s fine. I guess lack of fuel pressure. I smelt gas there and then I felt it. Stupid problems

·
Registered
922 Posts
The ****in return line on the fmu slipped off and the return line by the fender. So fixed it up smaller snugger line way better clamps and now it’s fine. I guess lack of fuel pressure. I smelt gas there and then I felt it. Stupid problems

Good that you got it fixed, but something doesn't sound right.
The FMU should not impact how the engine starts/runs. The stock regulator should be maintaining base fuel pressure.
The FMU is designed to raise fuel pressure above the stock regulator value only when producing boost.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts