Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are u guys doing to drop weight in these 99 + gt's ?
I have removed the rear seat, spare tire/jack front sway bar, with less than a 1/4 tank of gas "3540 lbs" before i get in it,3740 when i sit in it WTF. Car needs a diet can u guys give me some pointer on shedding some weight ?? I am also waiting on my welds to come in.

I amtrying to dip in the 12's N/A before the cam and long tubes come in.

jason

·
Registered
556 Posts
Whoa! I just had mine weighed a week ago on a CAT certified scale:

No jack
No spare
1/4 tank of gas
Everything else in the car
3,240 lbs
3,400 lbs with me in it

If that is accurate, how could your car weigh 300 lbs heavier with no back seat and so sway bar??? Is yours a convertible?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
diet

nope it is a coupe and i weighed it at NHRA track Virginia motorsports park. It is supposed to be very accurate. I had a buddy
with his SS and he weighed 3300 lbs. Another friend weighed his 2000gt Auto and it weighed in at the 3590 It was also a coupe.

Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Something must be wrong with that scale. An SS is about 3450-3500 with no driver. GTs are supposed to be around 3350-3300 stock. Maybe these GTs are heavier then we think.

I saw an article somewhere that said they weighed a Bullitt and it tipped the scales at 3900! I don't think that extra 5 hp in the Bullitt would compensate for over 500 lbs of weight gain over a GT.

I just wonder how many more pounds my car is with that Mach 1000 system in it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hey guys,
Remember most magazines show 'curb weight', which includes all the accessories and a full tank of gas.

So, my 3,240 car without the spare/jack and 1/4 tank of gas would have a curb weight of approximately 3,380 which seems about right.

Where they get these 3,900 figures is amazing.

Jeff

1 - 5 of 5 Posts