Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my car keeps on dying when I push in the clutch, so I'm thinking I need to clean out the IAC Valve. Exactly WHERE is it located? Its not at my throttle body like I was told. I got some throttle body cleaner to spray in there and clean it out. A new one is $48.99 so I'll try this first. Now all I need to know is WHERE IT IS!!!

-Clinton

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GGGRRRRRR!!!!!! This is pissing me off!!! I sprayed that **** all down in the IAC and it didn't fix my problem. I'll be coming up to a stop, and push in the clutch and it dies. I just get my car back from the body shop today and its doing this. I know they undid the battery, so the car is trying to relearn everything. I've reset the computer before and it didn't do this. Also, I get my car back and I notice on the way home that my speedo doesn't work!!! So I call 'em and they say, bring it in on Monday and we'll check it out. They say they didn't undo the speedo cable, but I don't know why it doesn't work now!! I checked the VSS plug and its still in. Could these two things have anything in common?

·
Registered
135 Posts
just take off the idle air control vavle for a quick test and see if it still dies. If not that's your problem its stuck closed buy a new one. also do a tune up ,plugs,wires,coil packs,pvc vavle,fuel filter,clean your K&N. also check your MAF meter if k&n oil is on it clean it with brake cleaner do not ever touch wires fingers included. If u done any other mods and notice the problem undo them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts