Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when im in first gear driving at about 1200rpms or lower my car jerks and bucks bad. Also my car idles around 7-800, and it will rev up and down between 6-900 and most of the time die. every once in a while it will idle fine. i put a code scanner on and got a canister purge circuit failure, could that cause all this?

one more thing, i was at the car wash and the pressure washer took my side reflector off my rear bumper. i found one at a junk yard but cant figure out how to get it off, does it bolt or stick on? thanks.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Try cleaning your MAF and IAT sensors. These are known to cause idle problems, and it's possible they could contribute to the bucking. In my experience, the bucking is normal in first gear and low RPMs if you aren't careful on the throttle.

Can't answer the question about the reflector.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Well ide think that reflector would just snap in tightly, or else it has some sorta clips holding it in, Go back to the junk yard with a flate blade screw driver, see if u cant get under a corner of it and wedge it loose,without breaking it.

·
Registered
309 Posts
your gonna have to get behind the reflector to get it off. They have some kind of half a$$ed nut holding them on... 2 nuts. Just undo that side of the rear cover and pull it out so you can shove your hand behind it.... I think the nut size is 10mm... take a few different sized sockets with you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts