Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Floor it through the gears some times the car will just stop but still be running. I have H/C/I full exhaust MSD btm MSD cap and rotor MSD coil and a novi 1220. I don't have a clue what it can be. Fells like the car hit a wall.

·
3,694 Posts
Do you mean that the engine cant hit higher rpms? Like it runs strong through the lower rpms and then it wont rev past 4,500-5,000?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you mean that the engine cant hit higher rpms? Like it runs strong through the lower rpms and then it wont rev past 4,500-5,000?
Dosen't happen all the time. I will run some one and the car will fall on it's face hard. All I have for fuel is 94 octane stock rails stock lines with a 255 pump and fuel regulator. Think it could be the fuel filter? The car will run in the 4,500-5,000 rpm no problem. Just the odd time it will cut out when I am on it hard. My setup is Edelbrock 2 02 heads RPM intak 70mm TB X Cam Ford Racing 42's with 80mm mass air full exhaust catted with a Novi 1220 UPR power pipe MSD BTM MSD coil and wires. The car is making 410 foot pounds of torque and 450 rear wheel horespower.

·
3,694 Posts
Oh okay. My buddy is having the problem i described. So yours sounds like something electrical is loosing connection. I coud be wrong but thats what it sounds like.

·
Registered
629 Posts
ya id check the msd box. I had a similar problem were it rpms would drop and it would die. Turned out the msd was bad

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya id check the msd box. I had a similar problem were it rpms would drop and it would die. Turned out the msd was bad
Thanks. Trying to think if it did that before i had a MSD box. Really didn't want MSD but my tuner made me buy one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts