Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a 91 LX,when he bought the car it had an o/r x-pipe, flowmasters, and mac CAI. The car felt slow to have those mods but we figured it just needed a tune-up. We just recently installed some ported E7's, typhoon intake, TFS stage 1 cam, BBK shorty headers, C&L 76maf, new timing chain, new cap/rotor/plugs/wires, spec stage 1 clutch, 373 gears, and a new fuel filter. The car still feels very slow,no low end power and the upper rpm's don't feel that strong either. I have experimented with the timing from 12deg to 18deg and couldn't really feel a difference. I have checked tps voltage and it was .95v, I changed the distributor and module and installed a MSD 6al. It kind of seems like a timing issue but everything has been changed except for the ECM. Are there any other sensors that could be messing with the timing? The car feels very slugish when shifting, you can take it up to 6krpm and speed shift into the next gear and it feels like it just dies. Any help would be appreciated, thanks

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TTT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts