Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Pro-M 80 Calibrated for 24 lb injectors in my 01 Cobra and I started to have issues of the car dying everytime I push the clutch in.. I've tried running the car with and without the calibration (flow sheet) through the TwEECer.....

Just curious if anyone had any thoughts about the situation... Should I try to rotate the MAF?

Shawn

·
Registered
93 Posts
re-install the factory maf just to make sure it is the Pro-m, other than that I have no idea....

·
Registered
83 Posts
sounds like it's not getting a signal when the motor's rpm's get too low, so, when the motor is pulling less vacum the meter isn't reading anything and the motor dies.......try adjusting where the sampling tube takes it's readings from by turning the meter. Also, if you have a cold air induction kit that takes it from the fenderwell then you might need to invest in a universal meter b/c of the sharp bend right before the sampling tube in some of the kits. but, if it's not that then I have no idea......but, it's gotta be something with the new meter, hopefully.
-Jonathan

·
Registered
401 Posts
Try rebooting the computer. Take off the neg terminal for about 10 minutes, leave ur lights on to be sure everything is "drained", then try it again.

Ben Dorn

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input guys.. I will try all that is suggested.

One a side note.. This AFM PowerPipe is designed for the Pro-M 80.. But I don't think that means anything..

I'll post more when I play with it.

Shawn

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reset the battery and tried to rotate the MAF.. It is still dying when I push the clutch in.. I put the factory MAF and K&N on and there is no problem whatsoever..

It is better then before, but I am betting that the air is really messing with it.. I'm going to try and block DIRECT air to it with some sort of baffle and see what happens..

Shawn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts