Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well everything is reassembled in the engine bay, and I go to turn the key and see if everything works, and the engine will crank over good and strong with no problems, but the fuel pressure gauge coming out of my regulator shows no signs of fuel pressure or fuel period for that matter, I'll go out in a little bit again and listen for the fuel pump relay "click"....where is the fuel pump relay on an 89??

also if its not that...why else wouldn't I be getting fuel??

thanks

and if anyone is in Connecticut, please email me

[email protected]

·
Registered
570 Posts
Check to make sure the fuel pump wire is connected at the solonoid where the battery connects. I think it is dark green on my '90. It also has a fusible link near that terminal.

·
Registered
419 Posts
turn the key once and listen for the HUMmmmmm of it turning on not a relay click.. how old is the pump?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, I hear the Hummm and the relay click...but still no fuel!!! ??

do I need to bleed the lines of air or something, because I did cut the soft part of the lines in order to pull the engine out....is that what the schrader valve is for???

any other ideas here? still no fuel pressure at the key turn!!!

thanks

Jim

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what is the inertia switch and how do I reset it???

·
Registered
419 Posts
could be the button. its in your trunk by your lights somewhere.. it cuts off your fuel. press that and try.. u might have to take off the panel i forget

·
Registered
250 Posts
It should be behind the rear panel on drivers side,in front of hatch.There maybe a rubber plug over it,pop it out and push the button,if not pull panel off.If it clicks it was kicked.If it dont its back to square one...later

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.