Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm going to be ordering the HPM dropmounts for my 351W project. I need to know before hand if this oil pan will clear the stock K-member in my '88 with these dropmounts?

·
Registered
158 Posts
As in all things each car is a little different. Fitting the motor will be the only way for sure.

However, I believe, as long as your not running offset rack bushings, it should fit fine.

I could not run the drop solids because of the interference between the steering rack and the oil pan.

I have the Canto "T" pan and had a probplem with the headers.

·
Registered
161 Posts
your biggest problem will be the steering rack resting on the oil pan. Each K member is different also. With a D&D it wasnt even close, with the new setup (UPR i beleive) it only required a 3/8" spacers under each motor mount.

I just did this same setup , HPM drop mounts, canton pan, 351 motor, etc.. in one of my cars a couple of weeks ago so I am speaking from experience.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
Mine didn't.

HPM mounts, stock K member, Canton Pan on a 408w. Using the stock rack and bushings though.

Anyone have a pic of the offset rack bushings?

·
Super Moderator
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blk88GT said:
Mine didn't.

HPM mounts, stock K member, Canton Pan on a 408w. Using the stock rack and bushings though.

Anyone have a pic of the offset rack bushings?
That's going to be it right there. I'll do the tubular set-up later on when I have $$ to throw at the car. That is a long time from now. Don't know what headers I'm going to use, though, as I have not yet figured out if I'll be running the N351/N352 heads or World Sr./Roush 200 heads. Being that I have not looked at either one in person I don't know what the primary tube size I need for them to be used as they are out of the box (1-5/8, 1-7/8?). I don't even know the exhaust port sizes of them. This is why I'm researching all of these little details to make the assembly and swap as quick as possible the day the motor is complete and ready to go in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts