Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed some 13" brembo rotors, SS brake line and bullit calipers on my 95 GTS (without ABS). I did not upgrade my MC or vac boost. The brakes feel great, they stop great but I can't get them to actually lock. Not that I want to lock my brakes but I do want to be able to take it to that point. I've only put about 100 miles on the brakes and I've taken it easy so far to let them "bed". Is this common with this upgrade ? I guess it is like getting ABS for free ?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
are you slamming the brakes, or pushing them soft, then harder and harder.

try just slamming them as hard as you can.. i can lock mine up no problem, but i the stock gt brakes. i've noticed with good brakes, if you apply pressure gradually, not slam it, you almost can't lockup the tires that way, and can usually stop like crazy.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Mine took a few miles to bed when I did my upgrade. Mine (with ABS) would lock the tires if commanded then release once they broke in. I think this is because I used to have different tire sizes front to rear which messed with the ABS's computer. Since I've gone to 275/35/18's all around the ABS works great.

My parts were Bullit Calipers
SS lines
Hawk Racing slotted rotors

I retained the stock GT MC/Booster which is supposed to give a firmer petal.

Shawn

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll give them a little more time.. I'm not sure my brakes are fully bedded yet.. I did not really panic slam them.. I just stepped really had. I wanted then to just start to lock and then back off.
I thought the cobra MC was the same in the front chamber but different in the rear. The booster is definitely different.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
btrvalik said:
I just stepped really had. I wanted then to just start to lock and then back off.
I knew people from massachussets had funny accents, but I never knew they typed like that also. jk!!

as for your brakes dont worry. if I gradually get on the pedal the thing will stop VERY fast without locking them up. However, slamming the pedal wakes up the ABS and they lock.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey at least I didn't say wicked pissa had :^)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts