Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got several options here. As of now, my front end cannot be align properly because the FMS "C" springs really lowered the car. (more than what I thought) My front tires are starting to show signs of wear and I dont want to spend money on tires all the time. So my options are...

1. Buy c/c plates and have it aligned (but car will still ride rough until I can get koni's)
2. Get the Koni's and c/c plates. (But car will still sit low)
3. Buy a coil over kit for the front and use koni struts with a 350# spring. (but will the car handle good and will ride quality improve any?)

As you can see.... im stuck between the factory spring-strut setup, or switch to a coil over. I like the idea of the coil over for adjusting ride height, but im still not sure if its going to give me better ride quality and good handling, (like the 650lb C's do....no swaying)

If anyone can give me some insight into this subject, it would be appreciated. Also, would running a wider tire cause clearance issues with the coil overs?

· Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the honest replies.

Right now I already have the energy sus. isolators up front (and rear), but could I benefit (raising ride height) from adding another set to the upper spring perch? If I can gain about an inch in the front, I would be satified, then I could get the koni's and the c/c plates and not worry about coil overs.

The place that told me they could not align it was a reputable shop that did alot of work on my car. The guy told me he could not align it to factory specs, but he did fix the toe to help the tires wear evenly and help them last alittle longer. Heres the strange part....

The guy told me that in order to fix it, I would either have to go back to stock springs or they would have to drill and hack up the strut tower to get the stru to move over more. They wanted $200 to hack it up. I said NO!!!

He asked me why I used springs to lower it and not spindles. I didnt even think they made spindles for lowering a fox. I asked him if c/c plates would help and he said No! Now out of all of the mustang guys I have spoke too, they have all said that c/c plates WILL fix it. Even the alignment guy at a Ford dealership told me they would.

Thanks again....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.