Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ran koeo test no problem- gave code 67 and code 34 mem code tried several times to run the koer test but every time i try it never gets to the engine id pulse?? tried with actron scanner and multimeter but no go. car is 86 gt speed density with no mods other than no smog pump. any ideas??

·
Registered
365 Posts
Just ran the same tests today on my 89 coupe. I used the actron scanner i purchased from sears.

Did you turn the steering wheel and then push the brake pedal. I think there are some sensors that it checks before it gives the signal.

Funny thing my only hard code KOEO was also a 67...supposedly neutral switch/MLP/ or Clutch switch????

My only KOER codes were 44 and 94, both having to do with the thermactor air control system.. I plan on removing the whole damn system when I go to replace my head gaskets.

Good luck.:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tried turning the wheel, goosing the throttle, push brakes, funny thing is the instructions says it should give the engine id first. seems as if it tries to start the test but then it aborts for some reason

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
When you get ready to run the KOER test , make sure that you go to the test mode first on the scanner and then start your car. Quickly get to the code scanner and you should see the ID pulses start to beep/flash (4 total) after that it should dump out the KOER codes.

KOEO codes
Code 67 = nuetral drive switch open
Code 34 = EVP signal too high

Hope this helps

Bill

·
Registered
122 Posts
What do codes 44 and 94 come from ??? I have this problem right now and it is driving me nuts....
I just finally pulled the smog off... then plugged the vaccum lines...
Do you get these codes once the smog is unhooked from the cats...?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
That is definitely a weird one! It will display KOEO codes but not KOER codes.
The book that I have describes what you should do if you cannot get codes but that assumes that you cannot get any codes. What type of code reader are you using?

Bill

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im using the $30 actron scanner. these are the steps im following:
put scanner on hold- run for 2 min @ 2000 rpm
turn off engine wait 10 sec.
restart put scanner on test

this is where it should give engine id code, but all that happens when i switch to test is the engine kinda stalls for a brief second then nothing no lights or beeps. its plugged in the same as the koeo test which works fine could it possibly have something to do with the code67?? neutral ? its a 5 speed

·
Registered
365 Posts
I swear I had the same codes and followed the same procedure with the same scanner.

It worked for me.

I had to turn the wheel, and push the brake pedal. after I turned the scanner to test position...you have already said that you did this...so I guess there is something else going on.

"If the light still does not flash, you have a problem which must be repaired before proceeding." p 16

dont you just love the directions.......ya, if it aint wokin it dun broke... no S#@!

good luck.
I'm useless to you here.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
My book says alot of what you have but I'll type what mine says.

1. deactivate self test on scanner
2. be sure engine is at operating temp, if not step 3
3. run engine at 2500 rpm. With unheated oxygen sensor, run for atleast two minutes.
4. engine off for 2 minutes
5. activate self test
6. start engine
7. if equipped with manual transmission, depress clutch pedal.
8. record all self test codes.

If your getting a code 67 on KOEO then you might have to get that fixed before you can get the other codes to dump out. This is only a guess but you will have to get that fixed anyway before you can get code 11's on KOEO.

Hope this helps a little

Bill

·
Registered
2,966 Posts

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
The only other thing that code 67 does say is to make sure a/c is off. I'm still looking for you in the book but not much else yet.

Bill

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.