Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a 91' AOD car is it possible to just manual jump the NSS? I am having a problem with my cars computer. We are trying to run a run/start diagnostic test on the car but the cars EEC keeps telling the testing euquipment that the car is in gear as opposed to park or neutral. I'm getting mixed input as to whether the NSS is an on/off type switch of whether it needs to actually read a particular resistance in order for the computer to read it correctly. Can we just bypass the switch in order to see if that fixes the problem? If it still does this does anyone have other ideas as to what might be causing this? Also, there may be a possibility that the car is supposed to have an A9P computer as opposed to the A9L that is in it. Anyone know if this would cause such an error? Thanks for any input.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
I believe the A9l is for a 5 speed and the A9P is automatic. I dont believe its a big deal though. My car was automatic from the factory and I used the same speed density computer for awhile after I switched to a 5 speed. When I went Mass air I did find a 5 speed computer though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts