Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading that the KB inlet manifold was around 70mm (correct me if I'm wrong). I will be pulling the blower off real soon to install 30lb injectors and while its off, would it be a good idea to bore it out to 75mm so I can use a 75mm TB and spacer? I dont remember reading if anyone has done this. I currently use a 65mm Explorer TB, I'd like to go right to 75 if possible and practical. I'd like to get all the parts installed before getting dynotuned in the spring. Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
97 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same. The standard manifolds are 70 mm and I believe you can just bore it out to match a 75mm. - Brian

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I have read, the more air you allow into the KB the better. Maybe someone else will know for sure, and give us the green light to start boring!

:joy: :joy: :joy:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I am going to do the same thing. The thing is you have to be careful not to break-out into the EGR passageway. I think I can do it - I will bore it (maybe at a slight angle) and stop where the original 70mm boring stops. Then I guess I can carefully smooth the lip at the bottom with a hand grinder. I think it'll turn out OK.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am using a 75mm TB on my 94. I opened up the KB inlet, as well as the entire length of the inlet elbow (94-95). I just used my 75mm gasket as template and started hogging. I didnt run into the EGR passage.

Matt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts