Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at an engine for sale locally. its outa a 89 lincoln town car. its a 5.0 liter engine. im told, the only difference in engines is the intake is facing the other way. it was rebuilt 40k ago by a shop.

now. my 5.0 is really tired at 148k. i was looking into picking this up to throw in the car, untill i have the money to build up a longblock of my own. this is a complete engine. pan to intake. this would be my first engine purchase, and 500 is alot of money to me. im just wondering if its a good idea to buy a used engine, that was rebuilt. i think im gonna get it, but just want everyone else's opinion. and if you can understand half of what i typed, than your doing better than i am. :)

thanks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
In addition to the cam previously mentioned the engine has the regular passenger car high-swirl cylinder heads like the 86 GT has. The pistons are cast, not forged or hypereutectic. If you're getting the intake with injectors the injectors are 14lb-hr, not the 19lb-hr of the H.O. If it were me, for $500 I'd pass.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts