Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just pulled these codes out of my 88 gt. 12,44,94

here what my haynes manuals says about the codes.

12-idle speed control out of specified range.

44-air management system inoperative

94-secondary air system inoperative

can some one tell me what the air management system is.and what to check.thanks for all the help

i got these code with the car running

·
Registered
911 Posts
not to insult your intelegence but be sure you retrieved the correct code #'s. if your car is a 86-95 5.0L(wich we know it is) than codes 12,44 & 94 are:
12: rpm at idle out of range/high
44: thermactor air sytem fault
94: converter clutch control curcuit failure

deffinately make sure your codes are correct & be sure your not including the seperator flash "blink" in with your code count. this is the "blink" that seperates your current hard codes & your continuous memory codes..........just trying to help, not trying to insult you. i got the code definitions from my FORD code reader handbook wich ive been using successfully for some time. all EEC-IV, 86-95 5.0 mustangs have the same codes.

·
Registered
911 Posts
it does look as though the definitions you have & the definitions i gave are close in resemblence. i think the FORD code reader book definitions may be a tad more deciferable, for instance it tells you that code 12 is rpm out of range"high" instead of just out of range. but as for the second 2 im not real sure of what they are. i want to say smog pump but i know there are no sensors for these that i know of! sorry i cant help more...........

1 - 3 of 3 Posts