Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 2V what are the chances that I can drop the oil pan w/o messing with the Tubular-K or lifting the motor?
The pan is an unknown 8qt unit.
If it's doable I may drop the pan and install some larger bungs for turbo drains but I'm using stock springs and A-arms so I don't want to mess with the K.

KS

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Those Snails are smokin' like a Freight Train. I had the same problem with my right Turbo.. I thought I blew a Piston.. Gotta get the drains and angles right. Turbos will burn off the buildup once you get it fixed..

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's been working for several years so I'm not sure why I can't get things working correctly now even after installing a 30% larger scavenge pump.

The alternative: This S-pump can also be used as a dedicated oil pump for oiling turbos. I wonder how large the reservoir needs to be to have a dedicated oiling system...hmm..

ks

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's been working for several years so I'm not sure why I can't get things working correctly now even after installing a 30% larger scavenge pump.

The alternative: This S-pump can also be used as a dedicated oil pump for oiling turbos. I wonder how large the reservoir needs to be to have a dedicated oiling system...hmm..

ks
I've always wondered about that myself (a dedicated turbo oiling system), I would think no more than 2 quarts with a good cooler and decent air flow would be sufficient.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TTT.

I'm revisting the idea of attempting to remove the oil pan w/o removing the K-member. Has anyone attempted this?

I keep looking at the clearance and it sure looks like it would come out with the rack out of the way, etc. It looks like there is about 3" of clearance between the rack and pan but is that enough for it to slide down and out with the flexplate, etc.....?

There isn't much room to weld a bung on the face of the pan so having the pan off may give me some flexibility to access all around the bung.

I'm also trying to find some really small MIG welding tips so if anyone has seen something like this let me know.

ks

·
Registered
128 Posts
You can but it isn't easy. You will have to unbolt the the engine mounts, lift the engine, and loosen the K so the bolts are almost all the way out. You should be able to make just enough clearance to wiggle the pan out.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That doesn't sound like fun either.:(

I found some tapered welding tips that may allow me to get the welding tip in the tight areas...

ks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts