Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 73mm C&L MAF for 30# injectors. I get a check engine light every now and then-usually after driving around 5-10 miles. When the car is restarted the light is gone for another 5-10 miles. The car runs fine, but it bothers me. Autozone pulled the codes and got an all clear (11, 11).

I'm going to get a tune since I've placed a supercharger under the hood. Can the tuner double check the calibration on the MAF or does C&L have to do it?

Anyone else have problems with their C&L? I'm not 100% positive that it's the MAF causing the problem, but it's either it or the injectors. If the injectors were messed up, I'd think autozone would have picked up a code.

·
Registered
654 Posts
tuner double check the calibration on the MAF
No but it will allow you to modify the MAF curve to get it to run better. It seems alot of poeple are having trouble with C&L's where Pro-Ms seemed to run fine.

·
Registered
996 Posts
C&L meters use the stock mass air electronics dont they? You just change the sampling tube to get your calibration. As long as the light is coming on and going off shortly after you dont have anything to worry about. The computer tries to fix the problem its seeing, so it may blink from time to time. As long as it isn't staying on constantly it shouldn't be something to worry about. I would be suspect of the 02's though if they have many miles on them.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't realize it used the stock electronics. Maybe I'll try the MAF harness from the stock MAF.

The CEL stays on until the car is turned off and restarted. It takes a while for it to kick back on, so I wouldn't say it's a constant problem.

Any more suggestions?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Here's some food for thought. I was doing some work on my jeep a few days ago and dropped my exhaust down. when I had it down I stepped on the cat/converter and bent the 02 sensor (mounts on the cat) when I tried to straighten it back up it cracked the metal housing and some fiberglass looking stuff came out of the crack. Not having enough time that day to go get another one, I put the exhaust back on and plugged the harness back in. On the way home after the car warmed up the check engine light came on and hasn't gone off since. I'm picking up a new one this weekend, I'm positive the light is because of the sensor as its never came on before. Could be your problem too..

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went back to autozone for another code read. Got a 41 this time-system too lean.

I'm going to work on that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts