Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys think ill beable to use the pulley on the 130 alt ?im switching from the 75 amp to the 130. i have stock pulleys and no supercharger? THANK'S ERIC:confused:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Yes you have to use the stock one or an over/under drive pulley, but you can't put the 75 amp alt. pulley on it. You may have to get a different belt size though.

Frank

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
bottlefed90GT said:
but you can't put the 75 amp alt. pulley on it.
Yes you can.

When i put my 3G on, i left the big ass 3" pulley on it and my charge sucked at idle.

So i swapped the big pulley out for the small pulley off the 75AMP. All you need to do is take a trip to the hardware store and find a thin washer with a hole big enough for the alt. shaft. Take the pulley with you and match em up. I found one that was perfect and put that pulley on.

Then I swapped to Underdrive pulleys and used an Overdrive pulley on the alt.

I have an AOD, so i have less RPM's at idle and less charge

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bottlefedgt

so can i get a belt from a 94 GT which is what the alt is off of ,that should work perfectely shouldnt it,as long as i get it from a 94 without air just like my car right? that is as long as the pulley's stayed the same also if you know that?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can, but I'll ask anyway. Can I put on the 87-93 March performance alternator pulley on the 3G?

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
Re: bottlefedgt

muscles92467 said:
so can i get a belt from a 94 GT which is what the alt is off of ,that should work perfectely shouldnt it,as long as i get it from a 94 without air just like my car right? that is as long as the pulley's stayed the same also if you know that?
You can't do that. The water and crank pulley sizes are slightly different than a fox's.

Just swap the stock pulley from the 75AMP alt to the 3G. Like i said, all you need to do is get a small washer with the corret size hole in the center for clearance and it will go on fine.

I have an extra washer i bought whn i got mine. I got it from Home Depot. Here's what the small bag it is in says

Washer
Flat Cut
Metric
16mm

Dr#606

I popped that on and the stock pulley went on fine and the you can run the belt you have.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
Deividas93GT said:
I'm pretty sure you can, but I'll ask anyway. Can I put on the 87-93 March performance alternator pulley on the 3G?
Yes you can. I have done it. It has a little more backspacing than a stock 75AMP pulley so it will go on fine.

The March pulley is smaller than the stock 3G pulley is. So it will spin the alternator faster and you will get better charge. It'sd an Overdrive pulley in this case

1 - 7 of 7 Posts