Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im going to be getting a dss pro mod 4.6 with the 10.1 or 10.5 compression pistons. I was wondering if i could still run the blower that i want to do down the road with this compression.
I think i could run it as long as i kept it around 9 psi, or maybe more if intercooled, but let me know what you guys think aight!

also, im lookin for a place that regrinds cams for cheaper than billet steel cams...let me know on those too for a 4v

thanks in advance

chris:joy:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
10:1 compression with 16psi, pump gas (93 octane) no intercooler on my setup.

Tom Crews

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK good, thanks guys, also what about cams, who can regrind those for me for like 600-800 bucks? anyone know?

i need to know this prettty quick as my motor is about to go to dss with in a week, so paleeeeze help me;)

thanks again

chris

·
Registered
432 Posts
you can add a blower to an engine with stock compression no problem but if your building your engine....why not build a low compression blower engine e.g 03 cobra??

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
blown99GT said:
you can add a blower to an engine with stock compression no problem but if your building your engine....why not build a low compression blower engine e.g 03 cobra??
Depends on what type of blower you will be adding...a roots/twin-screw would be fine with lower compression as it creates plenty of torque down low. A centrifugal (vortech, paxton, ati) is going to create the power higher up and lowering the compression ratio on these small engines can really hurt low end torque numbers.

Tom Crews

1 - 6 of 6 Posts