Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88, Windsor Srs., 2.02 valve, 64cc, stock cam.... but I heard the radius is more the factor in possible clearance problems. Has anyone here been brave enough to run this?

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have heard that you cannot run anything bigger than a 1.94 intake without notching. When Edelbrock first released their heads, that is why they had two identical heads with different size valves. One was bolt on and one wasn't.....

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Nope. I tried it once. (just mocked it up)

The motor will turn over, but, the valve is VERY VERY close to the sides of the pockets. Too close, in my book.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I don't care what that says, the valve runs way too close to the edge of the pocket.

It was an E-cam, but the lift wasn't the problem, the depth was fine.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
One thing you could do and still run them is to open the intake reliefs up with a dremel about .030" or so. Pretty easy to do. Just lay duct tape across the whole deck and piston with the piston at TDC, with a small window cut out where the pocket is. Dremel the pocket. Then vaccum up the chips and repeat. The exhaust side clears fine.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
Another funny thing: Don't always believe what the tech guys tell you. Most of them are just bench racers and never have actually built anything before. I used to work at World, until they moved. One of the phone tech guys had to ask one of the guys in the shop to help him check his anti-freeze because he didn't know how.:lol: And this is the same person on the phone giving advice on head and cam combos, etc. The same people that write the head instructions. 99.9% of the time when you call, the are just reading notes from a book.:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts