Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i seen cars with just the horse on them i thought maybe they remove the outer part grill and leave the horse there.can that be done?it's a 00GT BTW

·
Registered
87 Posts
I took mine off. and just put the horse...

but the only thing that i dont like is that it leaves 6 holes on the bumper... it looks kinda nasty..

·
Registered
868 Posts
You just need to get the horse emblem from a Cobra. That's what I did. The honeycomb grill only left 2 holes in my bumper, so I painted the screws and put them back in. It looks good.

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
Click the link in my sig, and go to my picture gallery. You'll find a pic there. I wound up using rubber garage door seal to cover the holes, and I held it in place with black silicone. Doesn't look bad at all. I just have to go back and spot some more silicone on in places, as the curvature of the grill opening makes it tough for the rubber seal to follow the contour of it, while still sticking to it.

·
Registered
67 Posts
took no more than about 30 minutes to do - it's just a little hard to get to the bolts under the bumber - but all in all - very easy mod. - The hardest part was getting the horse off the old grill - they use these circular push connector which ar a b*tch to get off - take your time and you can do it though.

I really like the clean look they give.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts