Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get more compression out of my stock heads and I am wondering how much could you mill the stock head. I am looking to get 10 or 10.5:1 compression, so how much should I mill them?
Also if anybody wants to take a guess on the horsepower, this is what I am planning to do:
Mill stock heads to 10 or 10.5:1 compression
stagger roller rockers
Full exhaust
Home port
Cold air intake

Thanks

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
you can mill them .030.. anymore than that you will most likly have to Mill the Intake to make it work...

I wouldn't go anymore than .030..

·
Registered
600 Posts
You can't get there, some on here can give me the CC's of the chamber and I'll figure it, but rule of thumb is .006" per cc and .030" is only 5 cc. Major milling requires that the intake be milled also. 10 to 1 on pump gas is pushing the limit with iron heads, you would have detonation problems on hot days.

CStraub

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
You'll be fine 10:0.1 on Pump gas.. Just don't run anything less than 92/93 Octane... If you Polish the Combusion Chambers on your Heads that will Help.. But its not worth it will 10.0:1 comp.

·
Registered
957 Posts
My trickflows are milled .050 and everything slips togethere like a charm. Look at .050 on a feeler gauge... you'll see that its no big deal. Not really enough to make anything not fit right.

Joe

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
the Stock Heads on your motor should be E7TE'S which have 62CC combustion chambers...

if you take .050 off your stock heads your most likly going to have to either mill the intake or if you lucky only have to make the Intake Bolt holes a little bigger so you can get you intake Bolts in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts