Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 GT. I was trying to adjust the clutch by pulling up on the pedal and pressing down several times. Well my throwout bearing started squeaking. I am not sure whether this caused it, but I have heard that if there is no play when you push down it pushes the T/O bearing against the pressure plate. Can someone tell me how to remove the cable from the quadrant and give it some more slack? I've heard this can be done. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
you should be able to look right above the clutch pedal and see the clutch quadrant. there should be a white plastic piece that the quadrant ratchets on. you should be able to lift the white plastic up and it will reset the clutch cable. you may have to push the clutch pedal down to release the tension. then you can lift up the clutch pedal to adjust it as necessary. hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,360 Posts
I would go underneath the car, take off the clutch fork dust cover and spray some White Lithium Grease onto the Input shaft and the Throwout bearing. That should take care of the squeak.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was planning on doing the lithium grease when I put it up on the lift here in a week or so to install my Bassani X w/cats. Thanks for the info. I will look for the plastic thing on the quadrant tonight. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts