Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the engine in the sig below is almost ready to be fired up, can I start it up and drive it around a lil bit with out major problems while using the stock pump?? or should I just drop the tank and put the new pump in?? I'm running 30 lb injectors

thanks

Jim

·
Registered
639 Posts
24# should have been enough for your combo but you should be able to run your car with the stock pump. Fuel delivery is a problem when you get on the throttle or at WOT not at idle.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I picked them up cheap and couldn't say no to the price

Jim

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
To be honest you dont have much that requires more then 19# injectors, maybe I missed it but what heads do you have? Anyway even if you did have heads your pump is fine!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well regardless, I HAVE 30 lb injectors and I HAVE a 155 lph pump in hand, but I was wondering if I could run the stock pump for a little while before I swith the pumps over, so could some one answer my question with out critique please

·
Registered
275 Posts
J-Dawg said:
well regardless, I HAVE 30 lb injectors and I HAVE a 155 lph pump in hand, but I was wondering if I could run the stock pump for a little while before I swith the pumps over, so could some one answer my question with out critique please
YES - you can start-up with the stock pump - and drive around with the stock pump. YOu don't have a power adder - so you'll be fine.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts