Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm at the point where lower et's are more important than comfort. Can a more drag oriented front end aligment help me lower my et's. Or is it something not to mess with.

Josh

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Have you tried aligning your rear end?
Pinion angle and what not.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Well from my experience..I had mine rear end at 3degrees up and my 60fts where inconsistent and not as good as i wanted them.. but you want the pinion angle downward..mine is -3degrees... Now I cut 1.50 60fts with a 306 when it was running but now I am goin with a 331 so I am goin to work on it gettin to 1.40 60fts...Stickshift cars have a different pinion angle then autos...

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Yes front alignment will help reduce et SLIGHTLY dont expect alot unless you are dragging the front tires now LOL

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
What should the pinion angle be on a stick car? This is the first time hearing that it is different between auto and stick. I have not adjusted mine yet. Can my pinion angle be adjusted if I only have adjustable uppers and not lowers?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
What I said earlier is what usually a stick car should be..Yes you can change the pinion angle with just adjustable uppers

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
I run a 28 x 11.5 ET street and I'm not sure how much adjustment I'll get without hitting the fenderwell? Guess I won't know until I try. Thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
the alignment will help little for et but will make it easier to control with the extra caster.I run my pinion angle at 3 degrees and 60 1.39 with a 302.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
what is the stock pinion angle at and is there anyway to adjust it with stock suspension components?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I dont know what it is stock, but you cant change the pinion angle if they control arms are not adjustable

1 - 13 of 13 Posts