Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a set of edelbrock 6032 heads and some scorpion 1.72 RR. My question is; if it's normal that the engine starts camming with that combo? Because mine it's doing it when the ecu sets the idle at the factory specs. Any info will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Velez

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?? What I'm trying to say is that the idle is kinda lopey.

·
Registered
35,891 Posts
You probably have a vacuum leak that occurred during the install. It ought to idle pretty much just like it did before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Idle

Assuming you have a stock cam, the idle should not be affected because of the rockers. You have not changed the duration of the cam or the timing events of when the valves start to open and close. The 1.72 only give you more overall lift. I would check for vacuum leaks, fuel pressure should be at 40-45 with vacuum disconnected, and also be sure that your mass air is calibrated to the proper injector flow rate.

Goodluck
Chad

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The injectors are the factory ones. I'm guessing that a vacuum leak it's more likely.Because I've been pulling the upper intake a lot and reusing the same gasket and it's toasted pretty much. Also I have some $400.00 and was wondering if my combo will like 24lb injectors with the apropiate MAF. What you think? Thanks for your comments guys!

·
Registered
956 Posts
Stick with the stock injectors and spend your money elsewhere while you have the stock cam in there.

If you go with a big cam in the future though, that may warrant some bigger injectors.

·
Registered
35,891 Posts
Actually, while cam duration isn't changed, the effective or valve duration is changed by the roller rocker ratio change, but only slightly. In another thread, someone measured the change at the valve and noted an increase of about 2 degrees on the opening end, and the closing end (total of 4 degrees at .050")with a change from 1.6's to 1.7's. And of course that makes sense. With 1.7 rockers, the cam duration is no different, but the valve reaches .050" sooner than it does with the 1.6's. So the 1.7's do more than just change peak lift - they increase the area under the lift curve from the point the lifter starts to move until it's back around to the other side of the lobe. But it's not enough to impact idle quality.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
My TFS set-up sometimes lopes at idle, sounds really nice. But smooths out once warm.

My stock 5.0 even lopes sometimes. BUT ONLY when cold.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet guys that's the kind of info I need. Thanks!

Velez

1 - 9 of 9 Posts