Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what kind of power everyone is putting down. Please list your mods as I'm trying to get a feel for where I should be. 305rwhp isn't bad, but I feel like a better tune could net some more power...

·
Registered
20 Posts
CAM

I installed the SHM stage II cams 495 lift 230 duration, I spent way too much money for them. I thought these cams would help bring the redline further but it stoped making power at 5500rpms What does your car stop making power at? power @ 5500= 388 @4200=400 to the rear tires. PISC 10lb boost

·
Registered
951 Posts
Playahata-

305 rwhp? What kind of grind are you running from Crane? What kind of idle characteristics and lope do you have? I think 305 is pretty impressive and there are few who have gotten there with a n/a 2V setup like yours. I'm cams and my (soon to be delivered I hope) ported bullit intake away from the same combo.

·
Registered
20 Posts
305 is that at the crank? The guys I know who are making power out of a 4.6 have a full range of goodies. My car started out with 215 at the fly (weak) yet I was sick of getting my !##@ kicked all the time so I learned here and there and started some mods I have Frrpp heads non port due to a bad set. cam, 70mm TB cobra crank dish pistons the lil crap and 10psi ATI I like the sound of the cams but they are mild compared to your 5.0's with e 303 and above. You did good buying those cams mine were $800 back in the day. They won't take you as high in the rpm's like a cobra.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My bad (playahata) I got the sigs wrong while reading 305 with those mods is real good I noticed a difference with the heads but how well did the intake feel and where can I get one with a full port Thanks Kyle

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mods in sig. I only made 286hp but I ran a 12.49 @ 108. Not done yet. Better times to come.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Kyle4.6 said:
My bad (playahata) I got the sigs wrong while reading 305 with those mods is real good I noticed a difference with the heads but how well did the intake feel and where can I get one with a full port Thanks Kyle
I did it all at once (heads, cams, intake, and headers) so I can't really tell you how any one part "feels", but I'm guessin' the intake was worth 20 or more horses on my combo. I'd recommend porting too and I hope to get a chance to smooth mine out this summer.

As for the cams, my spec sheet at home, but I got their stage II blower cam. Don't get me wrong, 305rwhp is decent, but my power curve feels jacked. I know these cams are built for top end, but I'm thinking a better tune would raise power across the rev range.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Playaman, you cant go back to DMP for the tune ? I heard that the tune guy ran out and took all there computer stuff ? If not go back and tell em you want more power ! I would Rob

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cujo_64 said:
Playaman, you cant go back to DMP for the tune ? I heard that the tune guy ran out and took all there computer stuff ? If not go back and tell em you want more power ! I would Rob
Well, their number one 4.6 tuner Chris Johnson is no longer there. My thought was to take a road trip down to Houston and see what HP can do...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts