Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 1993 foxbody I installed a B cam a few months ago everything went fine. Before anybody says anything (I know it’s a alphabet cam) basically got it for free that’s why I went with it. I also installed a set of performer heads. Car sounds good but doesn’t really sound like a b cams that I have heard car has flowmasters with h pipe. For exhaust . I used the stock rocker arms thinking of getting a set of 1.6 roller rockers or crane 1.7 here soon.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
when I ran a b cam (a long time ago). I started with 1.6 and ultimately went with 1.7, sound did not change for me.

i would not waste my money switching from stock, but if you do, might as well go 1.7

·
Registered
8,555 Posts
The infamous B-cam can take many forms of audible greatness depending on your exhaust system. However, if it runs smooth, doesn't stall or make you smell like car when you drive, and get good mpg. It's not a B-cam.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
The infamous B-cam can take many forms of audible greatness depending on your exhaust system. However, if it runs smooth, doesn't stall or make you smell like car when you drive, and get good mpg. It's not a B-cam.
Back in the day I regularly got 280 miles on a tank of gas with my B-cam (w/1.72:1 Ford Racing rockers) and 3.73's. Buddy of mine was always struggling to get over 260. We compared miles per tank all the time.

B-cam can get ok fuel economy.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Yea it was just installed for to dot exhaust is brand new h pipe and flowmasters.
Reason I asked is chambered mufflers tend to make a cam sound "more healthy" than turbo style atleast in my opinion. But you have that area covered. I dont know kinda odd it doesnt sound like every other B-cam. Any sound clips?

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I think the more you drive the car the more it will sound like it should. With new mufflers it seems like they are more quiet when new and after they heat up and cool down a few times expanding and contracting after driving and breaking in they seem to get a bit louder as they break in then maybe you will hear the B-cam Lope more. More than likely with flowmasters.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Was it degree'd in? Or just dot to dot without checking? It could be advanced or retarded, if you just went dot to dot, and have no idea what the timing events are.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts