Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the Q... with the setup in my sig, do you think TFS 1.7 RR's and a TFS Stage 2 cam (224/232 @ .050, .542/563 lift) would be good?? Im guessing this is a roller cam so i would have to get the retrofit lifters and what not to make it work in my 84 block.

Thanks guys let me know if you have any other suggestions. Im trying to get some good power between idle and 6500, also want a rough idle, i love those cars with the rough idle. If you got one and got a sound clip email me or whatever and let me know what you got for your combo.

:joy:

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
you realize that puts the exhaust lift at damn near .6 right...

that would be one hell of a cam in a carbed combo.

make sure you check P/C clearance

and make sure you have the heads/intake/carb to support that much cam...

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running EFI not carb. I have the TFS R series upper and lower and the heads would be my only problem. Looking at AFR's maybe later. Or would a tfs stage 1 cam be enough? Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
A word of advice....well more like a few sentences.

The big, lumpy, cams sound cool and all, but trust me, it gets a little old after a while.

Surging, bucking, stalling can come from an aggressive profile, so keep it a little more tame. You may give up a few horsepower, but it'll be worth it when you actually drive the car.

Just my opinion.:)

Greg

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the TFS stage1 cam? Not to wild. Or maybe the Z303 or X303. Which do you recommend with 1.6 RR's? Or should i get 1.7? I have the tall valve covers so that isnt a problem. Let me know what you guys recommend as in cam and Roller Rockers. Thanks

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
SVTCobraLTD said:
What about the TFS stage1 cam? Not to wild. Or maybe the Z303 or X303. Which do you recommend with 1.6 RR's? Or should i get 1.7? I have the tall valve covers so that isnt a problem. Let me know what you guys recommend as in cam and Roller Rockers. Thanks

Unfortunately I have no experience with any of those cams you've mentioned. I'm a fan of custom cams <ducks for cover>:p

The cam I have now I'm not really fond of just because of the driveability issues associated with it. My new motor will be given another custom grind from buddy rawls which is significantly smaller than the one in their now.

I would think the TFS 1 cam should be pretty driveable. The Z303 is pretty far out there though. Other than that, I can't really recommend anything for you due to my lack of actual cam experience.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts