Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to have a deal to buy a Crower #15510 Performance Level 1 hydro roller camshaft and some FMS 1.6 stud mount rockers. They are used, maybe 1k miles, not abused. The guy is switching to a 347 stroker. I know these go for about $550 new, what do you think would be a good price for these used ones?
They were installed by a shop I trust, who would be uninstalling them as well.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
I was going to say $300 as well. If the cam included the springs, retainers and valve locks about $150. I paid $150 for a Crower 15512 with springs and retainers. I sold a set of FMS 1.6's NIB for $180, couldn't get the $200 I was asking, so it's about $150 tops for used ones.

FWIW the 15510 is a very mild cam as far as valve events and it has a 114* LSA. Will have a very stock like powerband but with more torque most likely. It has very high lift, so unless you have some heads that flow well around .530" lift and a better breathing intake system it isn't going to boost power an awful lot.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The combo these would be going into is:
Ported Cobra Intake
GT-40X heads
LT headers
24# injectors & Pro-M Bullet calibrated for 24# (I'm getting these as a package too)
Accufab 65mm TB

Is the Crower 15510 worth it for this combo? Too mild? I have an AOD, I'm going to slap a Lentech VB and Stallion converter with 2800 stall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts