Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good set of cams for my 96 GT, it has a MMR 900 Street Mod short block w/16 cc dished pistons, 04 mild ported heads, hooker long tubes w/ off road xpipe, borla cat back, procomp typhoon 3 piece intake that is port matched, shark upper plenum w/1/2" spacer under it, Mac 75mm t-body, 80 lb fuel injectors, 340 lph fuel pump, sct 90mm big air maf w/diablo mafia extender, sct pro race pak tuning, thump racing tensioner, procharger d1sc super charger w/different pully.
The cams I have are what they call crane regrinds 550 lift 228/234 at 50 and 112 lobe seperation, they are strait up timed no advance or retarded. Car pulled 525 rwhp and close to 500 torq, it is a 5 speed car with 3:73 gears.
From what I have read lot of the blower cams are 116 lobe seperation but all over the board on lift and duration.
Any help would be appreciated......

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looking for a good set of cams for my 96 GT, it has a MMR 900 Street Mod short block w/16 cc dished pistons, 04 mild ported heads, hooker long tubes w/ off road xpipe, borla cat back, procomp typhoon 3 piece intake that is port matched, shark upper plenum w/1/2" spacer under it, Mac 75mm t-body, 80 lb fuel injectors, 340 lph fuel pump, sct 90mm big air maf w/diablo mafia extender, sct pro race pak tuning, thump racing tensioner, procharger d1sc super charger w/different pully.
The cams I have are what they call crane regrinds 550 lift 228/234 at 50 and 112 lobe seperation, they are strait up timed no advance or retarded. Car pulled 525 rwhp and close to 500 torq, it is a 5 speed car with 3:73 gears.
From what I have read lot of the blower cams are 116 lobe seperation but all over the board on lift and duration.
Any help would be appreciated......
Forgot to put in there that my dyno guy thinks my cams are what is holding this car back...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Me personally, I would look at some cams in the 23x/240 duration at .050 on a 115-116 LSA. It won’t peak as quick, but should pull 7-800rpm over where yours peak now and spread the powerband out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I agree with above, talk to Todd Warren on favebook. NASVT on here i think. Easier to find him on Facebook though, he can spec. You the cams that will match your needs to the T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts