Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering which cam and pulleys everyone is using. I'm not looking for some sick-idling race cam, just a good cam that will fit without having to notch my pistons or worry about hitting my brakes and turning the wheel at the same time without it dying. For the pulleys, keep in mind that I do have a moderately powerful stereo. I'm looking at adding nitrous (for the 3rd time) and also future plans are completing my turbo fabrication project or ditching that and buying a P1SC. Check my sig for other parts on or being added to the engine package.

I X L
95 Cobra hardtop convertible

keeping gt40s, 1.7s, and Cobra intake
adding 76mm mass air
MSD coil
not much but I think the future turbo will add just a little more power

:evil:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I am using BBK aluminum pullies on the crank and water pump. They were the last mod I did and I got 9hp at peak with them. They added a nice SOTP increase. I chose to leave the alt pulley off and have had no problems with charge (knock on wood) at idle with the Mach 460 cranked and all four lights on.

For the cam, you'll probably hear the majority say Crane 2031. I think it was designed with the specific stock parts that come on our Cobras. If I go with an off the shelf cam, that'll be it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
i am also running bbk pulley with stock alt pulley and eliminated the smog pump....and as for cam, im running an e303 which is a nice descent cam, nice idle:D

·
Registered
723 Posts
I X L said:
Just wondering which cam and pulleys everyone is using. I'm not looking for some sick-idling race cam, just a good cam that will fit without having to notch my pistons or worry about hitting my brakes and turning the wheel at the same time without it dying. For the pulleys, keep in mind that I do have a moderately powerful stereo. I'm looking at adding nitrous (for the 3rd time) and also future plans are completing my turbo fabrication project or ditching that and buying a P1SC. Check my sig for other parts on or being added to the engine package.

I X L

keeping gt40s, 1.7s, and Cobra intake
adding 76mm mass air
MSD coil
not much but I think the future turbo will add just a little more power

:evil:
I would keep the stock cam in it and get the ATI....boost is king:D Idle and drive like stock until you mash on it and it'll rip...

If i was to do it again i woulda went with the blower and the AFR's...450rwhp whenever you want it, all the time, no refills. If you are driving normal your gas mileage will stay almost the same and you will see no boost, therefore no strain on your motor...:evil:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the turbo system I'm designing though, I plan on running about 400+ hp to the wheels. I've got a small turbo from a turbo coupe and I'm going to couple it with possibly a larger one from a Supra. Before you get all crazy and send me all sorts of posts saying that's stupid or it can't be done or whatnot, I'll figure out a way to make it work. I have enough resources at my school to get it done. Anyway, the smaller turbo on it's own will take me close enough for the time being. So, the larger one won't be necessary for a while. Back to the subject, I want to install the pulleys and a cam.

I X L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts