Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much boost are you guys seeing realistically? Anyone with dyno numbers?

I am thinking about an SC trim, 7' crank (possibly larger) and a Powerpipe.

I want to get somewhere in the 425-450 RWHP range with a good tune. Right now I am guessing I am at about 280-300 RWHP.

My motor consists of a stock block 308ci, 73mm MAF, 70mm TB, GT40 Tubular Intake, Ported GT40 Irons with TFS Springs, 1.7 rockers, Crane 2031 Cam (214/220 @.050 .513/.529 w 112 lsa), BBK equal shorties, 2 1/2 H-pipe, and Flowmaster 2 chamber Mufflers - that is all as far as engine bolt-ons. I have gears etc. but that is not gonna change the HP numbers for the car.

-Rob-
:confused:

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Rob,
youre just about where im at (depending on the little things). i have a stock pullied sc-trim with a powerpipe and bypass and i have seen 5 psi and i know there is 2 more in it because i didnt even push it that hard or as far as it could go. the horsepower pipe from Harold helped at TON with the boost. im looking at making just above 400 hp (maybe more, who knows) but ill be happy with anything over 400.

take care,
adam

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
SMKD YA said:
How much boost are you guys seeing realistically? Anyone with dyno numbers?

I am thinking about an SC trim, 7' crank (possibly larger) and a Powerpipe.

I want to get somewhere in the 425-450 RWHP range with a good tune. Right now I am guessing I am at about 280-300 RWHP.

My motor consists of a stock block 308ci, 73mm MAF, 70mm TB, GT40 Tubular Intake, Ported GT40 Irons with TFS Springs, 1.7 rockers, Crane 2031 Cam (214/220 @.050 .513/.529 w 112 lsa), BBK equal shorties, 2 1/2 H-pipe, and Flowmaster 2 chamber Mufflers - that is all as far as engine bolt-ons. I have gears etc. but that is not gonna change the HP numbers for the car.

-Rob-
:confused:
We have a VERY simular combo.. difference is mine is a 302, Windsor Jr heads & B cam... With the stock 6" crank pulley and 3.33" compressor pulley I was seeing a constant 6psi. I then swapped on a 3.125" compressor pulley and seen 11psi a couple of times (belt was STUPID tight), but belt slip kept it down to 8psi. Unlike the A Trim, the SC Trim likes to be rev'd to the moon. I'm redoing my pulley setup as we speak... I ordered the ASP 4" underdrive assy & 7" supercharger pulley & a 3.00" Vortech Renegade compressor pulley. This should put the impeller speed at max at 6,600 RPM's. I'm hoping to see 12 psi with that setup... just in case I'm seeing too much boost for my stock block to handle I also have a 3.33" pulley and a 3.125" waiting to go back on...

·
Registered
954 Posts
With the combo in my sig, I'm guessing I have about 10 psi output potential right now at 6k rpm. This is extrapolated from the 8 psi I've observed at about the 5-5.5k rpm on the stock tach, with a fairly loose 6-rib belt (I can rotate it about 160-180 degrees).

I'd say a change to 8-rib, 2.95"/7" pulley combo and 4" inlet pipe will get you to your goal. Heck even at 6k rpm engine speed, that pulley combo is still shy of the max efficiency point for the blower as advertised by Vortech. I'd bet you'd see 12-13 psi though. If you don't care about the warranty, go with an 8-rib pulley swap. If you want to retain the warranty, I'd say go with a 7" or larger 6-rib crank pulley setup. I think Coilz347 was pretty close to 400 rwhp, but wasn't sure how he had the sc pullied.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
To expand on what 91GTFiveO said, you can even go as far as using the 8" crank pulley. When I started searching into pulley combos a month ago I found several people using the 8 rib crank pulley in their 6 rib setups. All but one person used the back six ribs... for some odd reason one person had to use the middle six ribs. If you get an 8-rib crank pulley, 7" or 8", that's one less part you have to upgrade in the future when you DO decide to step up to a better belt.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Weaseled said:
If you get an 8-rib crank pulley, 7" or 8", that's one less part you have to upgrade in the future when you DO decide to step up to a better belt.
Good point. I should have done that :hammer:

·
Registered
997 Posts
IM running a vortech sc trim, with an 7" asp crank ,and the stock 3.33" blower pulley with an anderson power pipe. I see 11lbs at 6000rpm, with hogged out dart sr heads, and a tfs street intake

·
Registered
243 Posts
Stock 147,000 mile LONG block with stock pulleys(5psi). Bolted on with no tuning and 19lb injectors, 304RWHP and 347RWTQ. Now I have 36lb injectors, no FMU, and Custom chip no dyno numbers because I tuned it on the street with a wideband O2. Going easy on the car, launching at only 2500RPMs, granny shifting ECT she ran 12.962 @ 105.57 with a 1.8 60'. Keep in mind my car is a VERY heavy VERT. Get the SC you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I too am curious...I just got an sc and I have the stock 6 rib bottom pulley and the 3.125 blower and I only see 5-6 pounds max! I have alum heads, cobra intake, e cam and a few other things....Nothing is ported...I figured I would get more that that with that setup...I am upgrading to an 8 rib setup and a 2.95 pulley...I am hoping to increase the boost more toward the 10 lb mark....What do you guys think?? I do have a 4" pipe feeding the blower with a pro m 75mm mass air, so I know that is not a bottleneck...Any ideas or comments????

P.S. I used to have a powerdyne (quiet), but now the SC, and man, this thing is NOISY!!!!! I like it though....

·
Registered
350 Posts
I upgraded to the 8 rib 6.87 and 2.95 pulleys and I am still only seeing about 8-9lbs....I can't figure it out.. I think that it should be doing at least 10!! Any ideas???...

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
the free-er flowing setup you have (heads/ intake/ cam/ exhaust) the less boost you will see. you have all of the above (o most) so your boost numbers will be lower.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
954 Posts
Shocker said:
I upgraded to the 8 rib 6.87 and 2.95 pulleys and I am still only seeing about 8-9lbs....I can't figure it out.. I think that it should be doing at least 10!! Any ideas???...
Sounds like you may be experiencing belt slip. What RPM are you seeing the 8-9 lbs at? You should be seeing 12-13# at 6k rpms on a good day, imo. What kind of 4" pipe do you have on it?

·
Registered
36 Posts
i have a 95 gt , stock block ,e-cam 30lb injectors, fmu set for 24lb injectors, dart heads, long tubes, gt 40 intake ,65mm tb, ron anderson powerpipe ,bullet mass air, inject chip tuned on dyno, saw 478 hp and 486 lbft of tq. at rear wheels:D

oh and an s-trim set at 10 psi

·
Registered
25 Posts
12 lbs with 2.95/6.87 pullies @6k. 65mm tb, ported cobra, ported dart sr's 1087 cam, 1-5/8 short tubes, (used 8 rib setup, fabricated 4" intake pipe and 3" discharge w bypass).

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I see 6psi threw my TEA Trickflow heads. Stock pulleys....
How much boost is the 3.12 pulley worth?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts