Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the new C&L upper plenum and a bigger TB for my '01 GT. Looking to put it on this weekend. I have heard rumblings that without a chip reprogram that the increased air will lean the car out. Is this for real? Do I need to get a dyno tune after I install this thing?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I asked C&L about it, they also said you don't need a retune after install.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Your factory MAF will sense the extra flow and send these increased flow values to the ECM. The computer will use its logrithmic tables to keep a safe A/F mixture.
Only problem you might have is if you have an aftermarket chip that tells the computer to ignore the logrithmic tables.
In that case you probably need to have chip re-burned.....ie with a wide band O2 sensor to tweek in the desired A/F ratios.

·
U.S. Army Active Duty
14,792 Posts
You do not need to retune. Just make sure your batt is unterminaled and you should be good. I am waiting on instaling mine, it's just sitting here in my room waiting for warmer weather with all it's brothers and sisters in parts.

John

·
Registered
516 Posts
You should at least put it on a dyno with a/f measurements, then determine if any adjustments are required. My .02 cents.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Fast Eddie 2k1 GT said:
You should at least put it on a dyno with a/f measurements, then determine if any adjustments are required. My .02 cents.
the only time i would worry about it if he was using the crapC&L maf thats when people have had proplems running lean is when they run the C&L maf,air inlet pipe and plenum

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yep to what ghost said. I bought C&L MAF, inlet pipe, and accufab TB. Everything was working great. Once I added the C&L plenum I got the SES light with the lean code. I took of the C&L MAF and everything works fine. I'm either going to sell the MAF on ebay or wait until I get a chip and have it tuned with the C&L MAF.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
i bought the c&l MAF, inlet pipe, and plenum last week. its cool c&l is here in huntsville so i just walked in and bought it from them. lee is a really cool guy. anyway, i havent put the plenum on yet because im waiting on a t/b, but i put the MAF and pipe on and it made a noticable difference. at least 10 hp id say. feels great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts