Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone is running this set up. Is there any hood clearance issues with the new plenum? is it better/worse to run the spacer with the new plenum?? just wonderin for future mod purchases!!

thanks, justin

·
Registered
118 Posts
C&L does not recommend an intake spacer.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok just checking, but wouldnt it make more sense to use one??

thanks, justin

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Why would it make sense? They don't add any power on a stock setup, why would they suddenly work with the C&L? The problem is getting the air turned, all the spacers do is make the shot to the plenum (bottom of the intake) a little longer, they do nothing to help the air make the turn.

·
Registered
463 Posts
C&L spent some time experimenting with their new plenum before building the final version. They added diffenent heights to the base of the plenum to simulate a spacer. They settled on a design that gave the best air flow and power. Adding a spacer will not help you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
V8Mustang said:
C&L spent some time experimenting with their new plenum before building the final version. They added diffenent heights to the base of the plenum to simulate a spacer. They settled on a design that gave the best air flow and power. Adding a spacer will not help you.
Yeah, before I bought my plenum I spoke to Lee and I guess they lost power or it did nothing. By the way, I could not be happier about the plenum and the results I got from it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does the same go for now intake spacer on the Accufab plenum? I just got the Accufab Plenum and Accufab 75mm TB. It would be a prime time to install a 1/2" spacer if they yielded any gains.:)

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you just happen to have one lying around, you could try it with the Accufab plenum but you will likely not notice anything unless you have access to a dyno (then you might see a 1 HP gain or loss). I would not buy a spacer to install under the plenum though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts