Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was womdering what everyone thought about them. I have heard good and bad and just wanted to get everyones opinions. Do you think I would gain any hp if I switched to one? I don't think the cold air is helping me that much. Thanks in advance.

-Billy

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on, I know someone here knows something about the C&L 76 MAF for our cars. Thanks.

-Billy

·
Registered
723 Posts
Green9550 said:
Come on, I know someone here knows something about the C&L 76 MAF for our cars. Thanks.

-Billy
I think its works pretty good dude..I got 42 rwhp with it, pullies and TB. Most of it Im sure came from the MAF. I dont know what kinda gains you would get..if any, you already have a 75mm.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I was figuring that the CAI was hurting performance. Not sure though. I want something that will give me more hp, but if you think the CAI is giving me as much as I can get, then I won't change it. What are other people's impresions of it? Thanks.

-Billy

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone suggest to do this swap? Thanks.

-Billy

·
Registered
723 Posts
Green9550 said:
Does anyone suggest to do this swap? Thanks.

-Billy
That MAF swap is probably pointless...maybe you could gain some from the C&L over the Pro-M. I would definately get rid of the cold air for the C&L inlet tube tho. Its only like $120 bucks and I think it looks 10 times better than the cold-airs. It sure stays a helluva lot cooler than a cold air. How much you would actually gain I wouldnt know, but probably not too much.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for replying to this thread 95CobraofDeath. The only reason that I am asking this question is because I can get a killer deal on one, but it will only last this week. I do like the idea of the C&L kit, I like the elbow a lot too. But, do you think it will pick as much air up as the fender filter? I know the air will be cooler, but will there be as much? Thanks man.

-Billy

·
Registered
796 Posts
Green9550

I have almost the same combination as you.. Except mine may be a little milder... I have stock shortblock,, AFR 165's, cobra 1.7 roller rockers, stock cam, cobra intake (box stock) , 65 mm throttle body, C & L 76mm mass air kit , Mac equal length shorties, h pipe, mac mufflers, Precision Industries stallion 3200 convertor, baumuan shift kit (still does not shift 2-3 or under light throttle as hard as i would like), still have stock 3.27 gears, nitto drag radials (275/50/15) , draglites, etc... I am a 360 lb driver in a full weight 95 gt.. (only draglites and a removed front sway bar make it any lighter).... Last week i ran a 12.32 @ 111mph with a 1.71 sixty foot on the nittos with a 100 horse dry NOS kit.. I have not driven it yet on motor but it is a bogs some when my 200 lb lighter wife drove it on "just the motor" it ran 13.60 @ 102.5 with a miserable 2.00 sixty.. (bogs on nittos with the 3.27 gear on motor).. I believe the car has more et left if i can ge a chip burned to get rid of the damn 5500 rev limiter... It feels like it is still pulling strong when you have to shift in order to keep from bumping the rev limiter.. I believe with my wife (much lighter driver it will run 12.0's with her in the drivers seat..) I plan on gettting it on the dyno in a few days to get some numbers and do some tuning (mainly timing and fuel pressure).. BTW, if you dont mind me asking how much timing can you run.. IF i run more than 11 degrees it pings when it goes into drive on a warm day even with 93 octane in the tank???? I pull out 4 degrees of timing when i spray the car.. I am currently debating wether or not to put 3.73 's in it.. I am afraid that i will be against the rpm limiter when i spray without getting something to move the dang 5500 rev limiter up!

BigT

BigT

·
Registered
224 Posts
Did i head this correctly?? 42 RWHP gain off of a C&L 76mm, TB and pullies??:eek: DAMN! I would have never noticed. I have nearly a full exhaust, with a C&L 73mm and pullies...didn't notice any type of power increase from the MAF.

Is there that big of a power difference between the 73mm and the 76mm C&L MAF? Both models use the stock MAF sensor correct, just a bigger tube? Interesting...

·
Registered
723 Posts
Nihilation said:
Did i head this correctly?? 42 RWHP gain off of a C&L 76mm, TB and pullies??:eek: DAMN! I would have never noticed. I have nearly a full exhaust, with a C&L 73mm and pullies...didn't notice any type of power increase from the MAF.

Is there that big of a power difference between the 73mm and the 76mm C&L MAF? Both models use the stock MAF sensor correct, just a bigger tube? Interesting...
Went from 211 rwhp to 253rwhp with just those mods man. I wasnt expecting that at all..i wanted 25 to the wheels with them.

Green9550...If you could get a kick ass deal on it, I would definately go for it. I honestly would ditch the Pro-M and get the entire C&L kit..To me Pro-M's are to sensitive to different conditions..I know most people have no problems with them...But theres something about keeping the factory electronics that makes me sleep better at night:D

I know the filter wont go into the fender..But how much do you seriously think that adds? I personally think its more of a marketing gimmick just to get people to think it has an advantage..but thats just me. Its up to you:D

Later

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BIGTONY26, I have the same problem with the rev limiter as you, my car pulls HARD until it hits the limiter. The cam was ground to shift at 6200. My tranny also doesn't shift very well at all with all this stuff done to it. I am getting that fixed this coming Tuesday, I'm getting a PA Super Comp Tranny. Then the 7th of june I am getting Larocca's to tune it. So after all of that I should have better #'s. I also run about 16* of timming, but I am thinking that when Larocca's sets it, should be like 18*. We'll see. I also am running about 45lbs. of fuel. That will change too.

95CobraofDeath, I think I am going to get the C&L kit. I like how it looks an that it doesn't make a right angle turn into the MAF. I have a Cervini's Mach 1 hood, maybe I could rig up a ram air system.

Thanks for replying to this thread guys. Good luck with your cars.

-Billy

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh and BIGTONY26, I think you would have a lot better times if you got 4.10's and your rev limiter removed. I think I am going to get 4.10's for my car. I need to get out of the hole faster. Good luck man. Take it easy.

-Billy

·
Registered
796 Posts
Billy,

Thanks, for the information.. I am probably not going to go more than 3.73's because with the spray i am already cutting pretty decent sixty foots with the 3.27 gears.. 1.71 being my best so far on the drag radials.. I am afraid the 4.10s would be a bit much when using the nitrous since i still have the stock camshaft... If i were playing ONLY on motor then i would have already put some 4.10's in.. Good luck with your new stuff and post back what the end result is..

Tony

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Tony, you mind telling me how you have gotten a 1.7 60'? I would like to get those times too. Are you spraying out of the hole? That is really impressive with 3.27's. My tranny comes with a trans brake, so I am hoping that will help me some. I will let you know how my car runs with the new tranny and tune. I am hoping for mid to low 12's. Take it easy man. Good luck.

-Billy

·
Registered
796 Posts
Billy,

I have the nos on a window switch set at 2700 rpm.. I leave at a full IDLE.. 1000 rpm and flash the convertor.. (seems to work better than stalling it up .. it will loose 60 and bog if you stall it up against the convertor) Tried adjusting my low rpm pill to 2600 and it just spun like hell.. With a set of gears i will have to have some et streets or slicks as i dont believe it would hook on the drag radials... I am currently running a 275/50/15 nitto.. on back..

Tony

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn, that sounds like it works pritty well for you. Well I will have to see how well the trans brake helps me. Take it easy man. Good talking to you.

-Billy

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
So C&L makes an inlet pipe for our cars now like the ones that are on the '93 and lower cars? Anybody got any pics?? I went to the website but they didn't have anything besides a "coming soon" thing. Somebody show me this!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, they look really good. I really want to get rid of my CAI.

-Billy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.