Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a Paxton front mount on my 02 vorteched GT and I am having a problem with the bypass valve "fluttering" between shifts and during part throttle cruising. Any one out there have this problem? I was wondering if the location of the valve has anything to do with it. Right now it is located on the pipe from the intercooler discharge to the throttle body, but I think that moving it to the pipe from the discharge of the supercharger to the inlet of the intercooler might help since there is less volume of air at that point.

All input is appreciated (even if your quessing, since that's what I am doing most of the time)!

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
ufcoach said:
since there is less volume of air at that point.
why do you say this? there is the same amount of flow from the discharge of the blower than there is at the throttle body. it really doesnt matter there you have the bypass in the system as l,ong as its hooked up right. you do have the bypass hooked up with the inlet at the TB side and the oulet going back into the inlet of the supercharger right?

what do you mean by "fluttering"? please explain.

take care,
adam

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got it hooked up right (pulled off the hose and felt a huge amount of air flowing back to the intake). When I say fluttering I mean that the valve opens and closes quickly over and over, not just a burst of air (sounds like a locomotive...chuga, chuga). It would not bother me if it did this between shifts only, but cruising down the street it's opening and closing and causing the car to surge and my fuel pressure guage is shaking like crazy.

The reason I think that the volume of air is less is because of the amount of air from the impeller to the current blow off valve placement is huge, but if I move it closer to the impellar (outlet of the supercharger) there is less air "stored" up. Does that make sense? I see where you are coming from though, just not sure if that works in the real world.

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
are you sure you have a good (and i mean good) vaccum source going to the bypass valve? dont "T" it off of anywhere, just go stright to the intake. make sure its getting a good vacuum source first. because the fuel pressure shoulsnt have anything to do with the bypass valve. if they are on the same vacuum line "T'd" together than they may not have enough "source" vacuum to run both. see what im saying?

take care,
adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts