Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I cant get over 6 psi. I was seeing 10-11 #s. I rebuilt my procharger valve and it works good, but i think its opening a 6 psi !!! I watch the gauge bounce between 5& 6 #s.

On these street bypass valves, is there a point where the boost will start to push them open ?

I see everyone running that bosch 110 valve, whats the limit on that one ? Would this one be ok on a 550 RWHP 327ci with10-13#s boost ?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Are you sure all your IC pipes are tight? All clamps around the bypass valve? You could manually check your valve with a vac/pressure pump by applying pressure to it and see if it opens up and is closed all the way. One simple thing to check is to omake sure it is adjusted correctly and is closing all the way.If it is not completly closing you will have a boost leak.

Later,
Nick

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea all the tubing is ok, its the bypass valve im sure. I had to cut it open and seal the diaphram. It works just like it did except now it hits 5-6 #s of boost and it just toggles back and forth!!!

How much boost and or HP will that Bosch 110 valve hold up to ?? I dont want one opening up at 10 psi cause its a weak POS:D

·
Registered
167 Posts
Isn't the Bosch 110 a plastic piece? I would say to just spend the money and buy a new ProCharger bypass valve or look on EBay for a good deal on a used one. I would not use a plastic bypass valve.

Nick

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
94SVTSnake said:
Isn't the Bosch 110 a plastic piece? I would say to just spend the money and buy a new ProCharger bypass valve or look on EBay for a good deal on a used one. I would not use a plastic bypass valve.

Nick
It's plastic with metal internals. I've been told it's good to around 20psi

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I made a fitting up and tested my old bosch unit. What I did was use 2 regulators and apply equal pressure to each side. If the diapham inside is blown, you will hear it leaking. But, basicly, it you have equal air pressure on both sides, and its air tight, the valve will stay closed. I am sure that there is a spring inside somewhere and it is adding to the seat pressure. It probably takes 2-3 lbs to overcome the set pressure. Best mothod is to test it and see.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
302man said:
I made a fitting up and tested my old bosch unit. What I did was use 2 regulators and apply equal pressure to each side. If the diapham inside is blown, you will hear it leaking. But, basicly, it you have equal air pressure on both sides, and its air tight, the valve will stay closed. I am sure that there is a spring inside somewhere and it is adding to the seat pressure. It probably takes 2-3 lbs to overcome the set pressure. Best mothod is to test it and see.
Yup, i found a small leak in the diaphram yesterday. With no vacuum line attached and only the spring closing the butterfly will the boost push it open at some point ? I mean damn 5-6 # and its opening ??

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yeah, I would think the boost would push it open. The valve is pretty easy to open by hand.

Nick

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Mine opened up at 2lbs with nothing on the other side. Keep in mind that it was just an open pressure. It probably gets stiffer the farther it opens. Butt, over all, I would say you found your problem. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts