Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a book that had a photo of a BXR intake manifold. It stated some impressive gains.

I did a search on the web and on this site, but couldn't really find anything about them. The link to their website (mustangbxr.com) has a "temporarily unavailable" message.

Just curious if anyone knows the story.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
It was an interesting design, but never really took off. I think the biggest problem with it was having to relocate the distributer to install it. It also cost about as much or more than a decent supercharger kit. Dyno tests a while back by MM&FF (I think that's who it was) indicated it did make more peak power on thier particular engine, but the torque curve was not very flat and I think the best average numbers were posted by a more traditional intake like the Gt40. MM&FF was so concerned that they had screwed up the distributer during relocation that they reran the GT40 intake with the distributer still in it's new location, and got virtually the same numbers as before. Thier conclusion was that the BXR was not worth the money. Then the BXR crowd ripped into MM&FF saying they had used a junkyard engine and thier intake would have done much better if it had been on a real engine or something to that effect. That's the story as I remember it, it may or may not be completely accurate.

Billy

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Didn't realize that it was so expensive. Having to move the distributor is a serious obstacle as well...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts