Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all thinking of buying products from probe indust (CHP). I will keep this short and if you have any questions let me know. I purchased a 347 forged stroker kit from these guys and had it balanced by them. i was told 1 week- 2 weeks later after many calls and excuses i recieved the kit. I then assembled the rods, pistons and installed them only to find above the deck .074. called they said had to be block-funny it measured same as 3 others and is brand new. I called back and was told they made a mistake and sent the wrong rods. i took it all apart and shipped it back overnite to them at my cost to recieve it back overnite from them. 2 weeks later after more stories and regular ship I may get it tomorrow. All in all they may have a good product but if you need or want any type of customer service DON'T deal with these guys because you may have the same result as I. :mad:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Probe's stuff is junk anyways... dont be fooled by theyre pretty ads... take a set of pistons and measure em.. i did at work and man they were all off... they dont do the same thing twice. David - Engine Systems, Tucker Ga

·
Registered
883 Posts
BadAss88GT said:
I suggest going to www.hardcore50.com and PM Mark O'Neal. He's the owner, and I'm sure he would take care of ya. He has an excellent reputation over there.

·
Registered
772 Posts
wow, my machine shop was just dogging them the other day about their customer support. Not trying to jump on the band wagon, cause I actually defended CHP by the articles I've read. Hmmm, advertising dollars at work?

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I have used CHP/Probe pistons and rods in three engines and they were first rate. Ford now uses Probe pistons in many of the crate motors after testing by Roush. Great parts, availability and prices.

·
Registered
625 Posts
CHP has years of demonstrating poor service I've been burned twice and did'nt give them a third chance to screw with me.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
prjct88lx said:
To all thinking of buying products from probe indust (CHP). I will keep this short and if you have any questions let me know. I purchased a 347 forged stroker kit from these guys and had it balanced by them. i was told 1 week- 2 weeks later after many calls and excuses i recieved the kit. I then assembled the rods, pistons and installed them only to find above the deck .074. called they said had to be block-funny it measured same as 3 others and is brand new. I called back and was told they made a mistake and sent the wrong rods. i took it all apart and shipped it back overnite to them at my cost to recieve it back overnite from them. 2 weeks later after more stories and regular ship I may get it tomorrow. All in all they may have a good product but if you need or want any type of customer service DON'T deal with these guys because you may have the same result as I. :mad:
Normally when I get involved with something like this it is to defend the company. However, in this case, I don't have much of a defense.

We had a new employee misbox a fair amount of 5.400 rods. Unfortunately we found out about it after you all received them. It will take time to straighten it all out.

I can't check into what we did to you because I don't know who you are. I have the synopsis in your post and would like you to email me your identity. My e-mail address is [email protected]. The least we can do is refund your red label freight costs.

I'd like to know, as speciffically as possible, what you were told by your salesman. We cannot monitor each call and cannot correct situations of which we are not aware, but I will use this information to try and insure that this is not repeated.

Our Sales Manager is Tim Lyons. His e-mail is [email protected]. If you are having a problem with a sales rep, please let him know. He is concerned with it and we always try to improve. However, what we are ignorant of is not actionable.

Should that fail, I am always available through email. I don't come on this board much, but am normally available for PM on Hardcore50.

Mark O'Neal

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
PoweredByAFR185 said:
Probe's stuff is junk anyways... dont be fooled by theyre pretty ads... take a set of pistons and measure em.. i did at work and man they were all off... they dont do the same thing twice. David - Engine Systems, Tucker Ga
If this is the case why don't you stop by and we'll give you a remedial course in how to measure a piston.

The FACT is that we use a manufacturing process that is incredibly repeatable. Furthermore each run is verified using a CMM (Co-Ordinate Measuring Machine). Our diameters are guaranteed accurate to within two tenths of a thousanth. I highly doubt that you could even measure that accurately. Our pins, ring grooves, and decks are PERFECTLY parallel. Our ring lands are PERFECTLY perdendicular. Our pins hole are straighter and rounder than anyone in the industry. One tenth of a thousandth, to be precise.

Since you are not a customer, I'd say that this asinine statement was posted because you're selling something else. Believe it or not we don't mind that...

I don't mind critisism. Actually, you guys making these comments is the only way I find out the other half of what's going on. My guys are just like you guys. They'll BS me in a microsecond, if it suits their purposes...:D

However you should never pull the trigger when the gun isn't loaded.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
seeya said:
wow, my machine shop was just dogging them the other day about their customer support. Not trying to jump on the band wagon, cause I actually defended CHP by the articles I've read. Hmmm, advertising dollars at work?
Think about this Seeya, It would be way cheaper for me to have my staff do their jobs with a song and a smile than it is to pay for our advertising.

Unfortunately my staff is human. They make errors, they get in moods, they don't like dealing with negative stuff, any more than you do. None of those are an excuse for poor customer service, but....

Bear in mind that we ship to about 100 people a day. How many negative comments do you hear compared to the folks that just got their parts and put them in the car?

I continually work to improve our customer service. Actually my next move is to print this entire thread and to sit down with my staff, let them read it, and have them defend themselves, with me.

Who's the machine shop? I'll call them and see what the problem is.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Mark, I read your posts on Hardcore50 all the time since I split between here and there. In my book, one of the measures of a good company is when they screw up (not if, no one is perfect) they fess up, take their lumps and correct the problem.

You guys definately went up a notch in my book by not tap dancing around a problem and offering to correct it including shipping. Yeah it sucks for the guy assembling an engine but we're all human and make mistakes. Offering to fix those mistakes and not finger pointing is the difference between good and bad companies.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Mark,
Your products measured dead-on when I bought a forged 347 kit from you a few years ago. I was going to blueprint the engine, as well as balance, and you saved me the trouble of working on your pistons and rods - they were perfectly matched. Of course, my machinist had to swiss-cheese the crank to balance the entire assembly, but that only shows you produucts are as light and stong as advertised. This is the smoothest engine I have ever had or worked on. I'm no professional, but I have overhauled many engines in my time and run my fair share of races, etc.

I guarantee you have at least one very satisfied customer out here and I am very impressed with your previous comments and willingness to be audited. After working with over 250 of the Fortune 500 firms in this country, I can tell you from personal experience, this openness is the mark of a true winner.

Thanks and keep up the great work!

·
Registered
12,784 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but that is the best step up to the plate I have seen in a long time! Kudos to CHP/Mark O'Neal.

Was something done incorrectly? Yes. However, it looks to me like the issue will be resolved. If/when it is, I would like to see the end results applied to this thread, so that all can see.

Think about this Seeya, It would be way cheaper for me to have my staff do their jobs with a song and a smile than it is to pay for our advertising.
You got that right. I am a creative director for a manufacturer, and 4 color full page ads in a national publication for 1 month would easily cover a dream engine for my Cobra.

I continually work to improve our customer service. Actually my next move is to print this entire thread and to sit down with my staff, let them read it, and have them defend themselves, with me.
Otherwise known in my neck of the woods as a "Come to Jesus meeting"... :D

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I also give credit to Mark, he has helped me out a few times and I have installed many sets of Probe pistons with not issues at all. I talked to Mark for awhile one day and he gave me insight to how they manufactor their pistons, machinery, etc...pretty damn interesting if you ask me.

Compare a Probe SRS to a SRP and tell me why the SRP is worth more money?

We burn't a piston since we lost fuel pressure and had to get a new one, Probe asked the what weight it was and balanced it for me.

·
Registered
187 Posts
dont know mark personelly (sp?)... but i have read almost all posts hes made on the hardcore board.. after muchhh research ill be using probe knowing i can count on him and his establishment to make things right IF there is a prob.. some people are WAY to quick to air their problems on the internet...
MODERATOR... PLZ KILL THIS THREAD... this is NOT tech..tia

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have bought several things through them and have no complaints on quality or service, If they have something I need I will by from them again. EFI spyder elbo, rocker arm girdle.

poweredbyafr185 has this thing for saying everyones stuff is junk I would not take it to hart. Its like when you are at the track and the guy who runs 11's on the bottle is telling someone you built an engin for his stuff is junk when it goes 10.20's N/A and 8.83 on the juice, you just turn and laugh because you know that he doesnt have a clue!

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Yes if you feel like you have been scammed please find another place to advertise it rather then the Tech forums.

SVT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.