Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any suggestion....I have long tube headers and I have burned 3 cables so far!!!I have tried heat tape,heat cloth and I ever SMOOTHED the header over!!!Help!!!
:mad:

·
Registered
222 Posts
URP makes a heavy duty cable that has a fire retartend/heat wrap on it, the long tubes only should be close at one point, I dont see why a fire retardend sleeve wouldn't solve your problem?, I know summit sells wraps as well.

The sleeve I am talking about looks like a grey and feels like rubber, has a little stretch to it , after burning up some lines, I used it on my turbo car for some lines that were in direct contact with heat, never had a problem again

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Man, I hate that. Are they MACs? Jus curious, because I had MAC LTs YEARS ago and they fit like crap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am using UPR's cable with the heat shield.I have to give it 2 thumbs up.

·
RobKong
1,118 Posts
Please keep the 5.0/5.8 Engine tech forum limited to engine tech.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Blown'93LX said:
Aerquip makes a fire sleeve that you can put over the cable. I've had mine touching the headers for 3 years now and I've haven't lost a cable since.
Part number?? Anything?? I need something this week. Thanks

SVT

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I have stated this before. If the car is a Fox Body you need to use a cable from a 94-03. It needs to ber adjsutbale and of course you need to have a quadrant in the car. This cable is actually 11" longer and instead of going between the oil filter and the motor mount it goes around the oil filter and clears the # 5 header alot better.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
My cable ('94-'03) has the problem of getting really close to the header just before it hooks onto the bellhousing. No cable change did anything, you can't change where it hooks on, and you can't make a sharp turn to avoid touching the header. I used the grey fire-proof stuff like mentioned by somebody else. The cab;e is still fine, but it rests (inside the fire-proof sleeve) directly on the header.

Frank

1 - 12 of 12 Posts