Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to udgrade my susp and increase handling and ride height(lower) Does anyone have the parts number(s) so i can check with my parts dept as to how much dealer cost would be on the susp. parts. Also who is runnin this on a 94-95 cobra or gt?How does it feel? PICS??
TIA
Nick

·
Registered
865 Posts
I am running the full Bullitt suspension on a 1995GT I bought the complete kit from GEFRacing lowered the car about 3/4" ride is fantastic, much stiffer than it was with stock (and ~80k miles).

I think that the price for this kit from GEF has crept up a bit, I will check my receipt, but I think that I paid quite a bit less than this. Many people have parted it together with various parts, do a search on Bullitt Suspension in this forum, you will find a lot of info.

I also put on MM CC's at the same time from Houston Performance.

Good weekend project.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
408 Posts
Best place to get it from would be Gene Evens Ford in GA. gefracing.com. I got mine form there a while back and it was great on the car. Dropped it about 3/4 of an inch all the way around and was a much better ride but not bone jarring stiff. I would definitely recommend that kit to anyone looking for something other than stock. Great ride and nothing to worry about with ground clearance. You may want to consider CC plates as well. Even thought he drop is slight some people have not been able to get the correct alignment on them. BTW I used stock CC plates and they worked fine for me

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks alot. any pics of the cars? What about the MRT susp kit?. I know one of the founders of the company and he told me it was BETTER than the bullitt?..Anyone know of or currently runnin this setup?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I got mine from Summit Racing. It was cheaper than GEF after you figure in the shipping costs. $416 to my door. Its a very nice setup. It helps with the 4x4 look without making you a wanna be ricer. It firms things up nice without becoming harsh.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Like I said, the price crept a little (ok, a lot). Found this laying around the house tonight. The last 2 line items listed are Bullitt pedals.

That is a total of $339.52 now it is $459.99.

The springs alone are actually a little cheaper now ($149.99), but the shock strut combo is now ($299.99)

Notice it is cheaper to buy the two kits versus the one kit.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
589 Posts
the manager at gefracing told me the the C springs were the same thing as the bullit springs except they don't have the high mark up bullit 149.0 FMS c springs 109.00

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Thats not true. The fronts have the same rate but are shorter,and therear springs are a progressive rear spring while the Bullit are a liner rate. The C kit should give about 50% more drop than the Bullits.

·
Registered
589 Posts
C SPRING:LOWERS THE FRONT 1 1/8" & REAR 3/4" FRONT SPRING RATE - 650 LB./IN. REAR SPRING RATE - 200/300 LB./IN

BULLIT:LOWERS YOUR CAR APPROX. 3/4" - 1". ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT ON BULLITT MUSTANG. FRONT SPRINGS 600 lb/in. LINEAR - REAR SPRINGS 250 lb/in. LINEAR.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Bullitt vs MRT Suspension

THe MRT suspension I beleive runs $550 for a SN95.... the Bullitt I have seen advertised in the mags for around $399. I am going to get the MRT suspension.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Either MRT or Bullitt... do it. You will see immediate benefits
(unless you're running 40 or lower series tires ;) )

note the bullitt springs on my 95 have settled in really well to the point I get the full 1-1/8" drop...(can't get head under the car anymore...hehehe). I also suggest CC plates to ease alignment.

·
Registered
112 Posts
94sna8k,

I'm pretty local to you (I'm in Westland, MI) and I have the Bullitt setup on my 94 Cobra. you are more than welcome to come take a ride in the car and check it out for yourself. Toss me a PM or email, or even hit me up via AIM (I'm "RaraSVT")

I think I can help you find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I bought the Bullitt kit when it was like $335 or whatever. It's a great kit and lowers the car a bit bit. Rides great but would like it to have lowered it a bit more. All in all, it's a good setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts